HomeThe castles in burgundyGermolles

Germolles

 Please contact them directly using the information mentioned in their space.

71640 Germolles (Mellecey)

  • XII
  • XIV

Visits guided

  • - 1. Januar bis 16. März: nach vorheriger Vereinbarung
  • - 17. März bis 30. April: von 14h bis 18h; geschlossen am Montag (geöffnet am 22. April)
  • - 1. Mai bis 30. Juni: von 10.00 bis 12.30 Uhr und von 14.00 bis 19.00 Uhr; montags geschlossen (geöffnet am 10. Juni)
  • - 1. Juli bis 31. August: täglich von 10 Uhr bis 12.30 Uhr und von 14.00 bis 19.00 Uhr
  • - 1. September bis 13. Oktober: geöffnet von 10 Uhr bis 12:30 Uhr und von 14:00 bis 19:00 Uhr; montags geschlossen.
  • - 14. Oktober bis 10. November: geöffnet von 14 Uhr bis 18.00 Uhr; montags geschlossen
  • - 11. November bis 31. Dezember: nach Vereinbarung im Vorfeld.

Contact

In 1380, Philip the Bold, Duke of Burgundy, bought the stronghold of Germolles for his wife Margaret of Flanders.

The Duchess transformed it into a luxurious home with the help of the finest sculptors and artists of the Burgundian School (Claus Sluter, Jean de Beaumetz).

The tour includes the cellar, the lower chapel, the two towers guarding the entrance which are the remains of the original fortress, the great reception room, the ducal chapel and apartments, as well as those of the courtiers.

The painted and sculptured sets, including the floor tiles, demonstrate the quality of the castle. The hamlet adjoining the castle and a 19th century park set out in the English style complete the setting. Germolles is not only one of the few palatial and princely residences of that time in France but also the only country estate of the Dukes of Burgundy that has been preserved so extensively.