One of France’s most beautiful châteaux. A Jewel of French Renaissance surrounded by a water-filled moat.
Fully furnished. The Inner courtyard is an exceptional example of French Renaissance architecture but don’t miss the graceful 18th century façade with its terrace on the water. The guided tours make history come alive. Home to the Scottish-born Duchesse of Magenta & her children, descendants of the Dukes of Burgundy. Their ancestor Field Marshal Mac Mahon is the only French President born & brought up in Burgundy. Anglo-French park, woods, walled kitchen garden (help with weeds appreciated).
Special children’s visits in holidays – amusing, even for non-French speakers. Tours in English, candlelit tours, lunches, wedding receptions, groups & special themed visits throughout the year by appointment. Wine tasting, picnics, gift shop with regional produce. Details on the chateau website. In the heart of Burgundy, 35 km from Beaune & vineyards; 15-20 kms from Arnay-le-Duc, Autun, Couches & Nolay.
Events of the year
- Easter Egg hunt (Easter weekend)
- Sweet Sully (Spring holidays)
- Sully plays Comedy (Summer holidays)
- Sully Excitement (Autumn holidays)
- Sully Christmas Magic (Christmas holidays)
- Rendez-vous au Jardin (4 June)
- Festival of the castle collection (12 & 13 August)
- Heritage Day (17 September)
- Beer Festival (7 & 8 October)
- Halloween Evening (27 & 28 October)
- Historic and theatrical visits
2023 interior guided visits
- 1 April to 5 November 2023 Please reserve in advance only to ensure availability.
- Réservation en ligne indispensable afin de vérifier les disponibilités sur le site internet. Garden visit unguided.
- Private visits on request.
Find out more:
Tel. 03 85 82 09 86
Email : email@example.com